Thursday 14 April 2011

Assuming the Worst

Reading the comments in Leg-Iron's "You want to have a child, do it outside" post, reminded me of our son's Christmas play earlier this academic year.

Prior to the start, the audience, full of family and close friends of the 4 to 6 year olds were told by the Headmistress in a very kind voice:

"I hope you will enjoy the play. Just a reminder that no photographs will be allowed - for obvious reasons".

Me: "Is that because we are all paedophiles?"

Stunned silence.

I enjoyed that.

Cheers
FAV.

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant and bravo! I would have applauded you!

    Worlds gone mad.

    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why don't you start writing again? More of this kind of thing :)

    My own son's nursery does the same thing. He was doing "one final drawing before going home" so I fished out my phone to look for any texts (NOT to take photos). I was rather officiously told by a nurse to put my phone away..

    ...because someone somewhere had taken a picture of someone else's child and published it on a social media site. Horror! So the only course of action was of course to "ban" parents from using phones in the nursery.

    The nurse was too busy bossing me about to deal with the kids putting toys in the toilet, then flushing, or trying to throw things out of the window...

    ReplyDelete